donderdag 15 december 2016

blogspot week 21-23

Week 4 of my 2nd transfer in Hawaii already. Time sure flies. It is also my first area so far where I am serving longer than one transfer. There were plenty of opportunities to celebrate it! Thanksgiving with looooooooooooooooooots of food and also a ward Christmas party where I saw members dance the hula!

Speaking about Christmas.... it feels weird everyone here is skipping Sinterklaas! I guess it makes sense. It is such a long way for him to travel to Hawaii, but still... I do appreciate the Sinterklaas letters from friends and family. Mahalo!

This transfer I've got a new companion: sister Maghanoy from the Philippines. Just like me, she had to wait for her visa. It took us a long time to pronounce each others name correctly. I am afraid it will be a lifelong quest... But we're doing good. We have been playing a game of charades with a Mexican lady due to our limited Spanish vocabulary. We have also been conversing with ghosts (Us: *Knock, Knock* "Alohaaa"; inside the house: "No one is home!". If no one else is home, what else can it be but a ghost?). Also, often we walk around in the dark during evening hours and we tend to forget our flashlight. We truly apply 2 Corinthians 5:7 in our lives!

Talking about faith (if you've read the scripture verse ;) ) Some nice reading assignments we read are: Alma 32, Ether 12 (Book of Mormon) and Hebrews 11 (New Testament).

And I never thought I'd say this, but sometimes it can be a little chilly over here... I did not expect that... But I love it :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten